Archivo del sitio
Tablas del 6, 7, 8 y 9 en sus manos!
SPREAD THE KNOWLEDGE!
Step 1Ascribe values
– In each hand, ascribe a value from 6 to 10 to each finger
Step 2How to multiply
Choose the numbers to multiply. Example: 7×8
Put together the fingers whoses values you want to multiply.
Now count the touching fingers and the ones below them. The number you get will be the tens. Example: 5
Now multiply the fingers above the ones touching of the left hand and the ones in the right hand. The number you get will be the units. Example: 3×2=6
**In some cases you will get a number of units bigger than nine, in that case sum both quantities**
– Touching fingers + the ones below -> 3
– Fingers above the ones touching in left hand -> 3
3 x 4 = 12
– Fingers above the ones touching in the right hand -> 4
Now we’ve got 3 tens and 12 units -> + 12 (units)
42 (final result)
Step 3Another trick for the table of 9
Here’s an extra trick for the whole table of nine.
– First put your hands in front of you
– Then ascribe values from 1 to 10 to your fingers
– Fold the finger whose value you want to multiply nine times
– The fingers remaining unfolded in the left will be the tens
– The fingers remaining unfolded in the right will be the units
Example: 9 x 4
– Fold the fourth finger
– Fingers remaining unfold in the left –> 3 (tens)
– Fingers remaining unfold in the right -> 6 (units)
– Final result -> 36